Lela Mkiza
Written 74 briefs
Visited and did research



Oceania > American Samoa > Useful Info
Submitted on Jul 18, 2020 Useful Info

All you need to know about immigration information before traveling to American Samoa

Like many other countries, the Immigration Office is responsible for the lawful entrances into the territories of the American Samoa.

As such, they are solely responsible for the protection of American Samoa Borders and regulating inflow and outflow through their territory.

Immigration Offices

  • Expect to find immigration officers at all ports.
  • Here, the officers ensure all travellers have the required documents to enter the country.
  • The main immigration office is located in Utulei, on the first floor of A.P. Lutali Executive Office Building.

Required Documents

  1. A valid passport is a must for all travellers.
  2. For Non USA Citizens or Non USA Nationals, the valid passport presented in the Immigration Offices must have at least 6 months of validity remaining.
  3. A valid round trip ticket or a ticket indicating that the traveller will be in American Samoa Territories for a period of less than 24 hours.

Nationals Who Don't Require a Permit

  • If you happen to come from the following countries, you only need to have your valid passport to enter American Samoa Territories:
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Andorra
  • Brunei
  • Belgium
  • United Kingdom
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • Switzerland
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • Singapore
  • Monaco
  • San Marino
  • Portugal
  • Norway
  • New Zealand
  • Netherlands

Please check the full list in American Samoa Immigration websites.

Residency Petitions and Applications Information

  • There are 2 methods for your residency application into American Samoa
  1. A Family Based Petition
  2. An Employment Based Petition

Family Based Petition

  • Family ties can force you to immigrate into American Samoa.
  • If this is the case, you are required to duly fill and submit form P - 12 in order to start the process.
  • This form is available in the American Samoa Immigration Office in Utulei.

Employment Based Petition

  • For those who enter American Samoa based on employment are required to duly fill and submit form P - 45.
  • P - 45 forms are available in Utulei.