Types of accommodations in Botswana.
- Banknotes circulate in denominations of BWP10, BWP20, BWP50, BWP100 and BWP200.
- Rough conversions were BWP10.61=USD1, BWP11.35=€1, BWP13.13=GBP1 and BWP0.78=ZAR1 in Jan 2017.
- The currencies can also be looked up online before travelling so that you can plan your money effectively.
- For currency conversion, you should do it in forex bureaus or banks. There are people in the streets that claim to exchange currency and you can easily be duped.
- Most of the accommodations in Botswana is found around large towns.
- The beauty of such accommodations is that it is rare to find them booked up so you can book them even after you have arrived in the country.
- An amount of P400 (US$50) would get you an acceptable ensuite in most towns.
- For those who want more than an adventure, you could try game lodges that are secluded and tucked away in the wilderness and some in the national parks.
- Game lodges are generally more expensive however some have some of the most wonderful views.
- Also, the game lodges offer activities that you can do when you are booked in such as having cultural presentations and also having bonfires and hot-air balloons.
- All these come as a package and they can get booked, therefore, you need to book well in advance.
- Travel agencies can arrange for your accommodation also.
- Camping is also an option for those that want to experience the vast expanse of the open world.
- Camps are less expensive as compared to lodges, however, some lodges have a camping option where they provide tents and the backpackers come with their own camping equipment.
- Camping is exhilarating and a good option that you can try as some say it is the most adventurous option.
- Some of the camps are in remote places in the wilderness.