- Cumbuco village in Brazil is a small kitesurfing paradise, the small town is located strategically between the southern sand dunes and the Atlantic ocean.
Key points from my kitesurfing day
- I had to eat breakfast from my hotel room since most restaurants at the shore open at around midday.
- There's a lagoon some few miles from Cumbuco called Lagoa de Cauipe, here the winds and waves are strongest and only experts should try kitesurfing here.
- This place is ideal for training (you train with experts, some of the best kitesurfers in the world are born and hail from here)
- Since there are many people kitesurfing, kitesurfers have to be careful and prevent their kite strings from tangling with strings of others to avoid the occurrence of accidents.
- There's a row of beach bars and restaurants at the shore where you can sit and look at people kitesurf while enjoying Brazilian dishes at a fair price.
- At sunset, most surfers pull down their kites leave. The winds are too strong at this time so DO NOT KITE SURF AT NIGHT.
- Surfers carry their kites home. It's quite safe to leave your kite at the shore but why take the risk?