How to travel by bus from Rio to Sao Paolo
- Duration: the bus takes about 5-6 hours.
- Arrival time: it's advisable to arrive at the bus station, 30 minutes prior to the departure time to avoid inconveniences.
- Rio Main Bus Station: Rodoviária(Terminal) Novo Rio bus station is where you board your bus to Sao Paulo.
- Terminal Tietê Bus Station in Sao Paulo is the destination of the bus.
- there's always a bus every 15 minutes. so don't panic in case you miss your bus.
- Expresso do sul
- The buses are very comfy and stylish and so you get to enjoy your ride with minimum fatigue.
- For safety purposes, I recommend not to walk to the Terminal Novo Rio Bus Station as its located in an unsavory area of the city. The bus station is safe though.
- It's advisable to board a bus that'll take you to the bus station.
- You could also board a bus at the Rio International Airport preferably, a shuttle run by company Real, which connects the airport to the bus station.
- Also, make sure you are on the right bus, as the destinations of the buses differ. In case of doubts, ask the driver.
- Luggage safety: there's a luggage facility at the Novo Rio bus station which charges about R$5 per piece. The charges may differ depending on the weight of the luggage.