- Every Sunday in Buenos Aires, there is a free open-air market, the San Telmo feria Bario neighborhood of San Telmo, that begins from Plaza de Mayo to Plaza Dorrego antique market covering Defensa street as well.
Market time: The market runs every Sunday from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm.
- Paintings and sculptures
- Household goods
- Collector's stuff( newspapers, magazines, etc)
How to get to San Telmo Feria
- The easiest and cheapest way to get to San Telmo from the city center is by taking the subway. Take line C, alight at Avenida San Juan, from there its a short walk to the market.
- Arrive quite early to avoid the crowds and price hiking, I was there at around 9.30 am most vendors were still in the process of setting up their stalls and you don't brush shoulders with anyone.
- If you get tired from all the shopping, you can watch or join the Tango dancers on the street for free, if you are interested in street photography and art you can also get good shots here.
- Most people prefer to start from Plaza de Mayo then walk downhill to Plaza Dorrego, Plaza Dorrego is also closer to the subway station.