Before travelling to Cambodia, you'll probably be interested to find out the means accessible to communicate with your friends and family back home.
Worry not, this brief exhausts all you need to know.
Internet in Cambodia
- The internet is undoubtedly the easiest and friendliest way to communicate.
- In Cambodia, communication infrastructure is not highly developed thus internet access is limited outside major cities and towns.
How to access the internet in Cambodia
- Check in with your hotel.
- Most high-end hotels and restaurants in Cambodia offer free computer services with uninterrupted access to the internet.
- You can also visit any Cyber Café in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap if you wish to access the internet through an Ethernet Cable.
- Expect to pay between USD 1 to USD 3 per hour.
Prepaid Internet Cards
- Purchase these cards in any of their outlets countywide, in supermarkets, international airports and in malls.
- Angkor Net
Prepaid Sim Cards in Cambodia
- There are 5 major mobile service providers in Cambodia
- Smart Mobile
Places to Purchase Prepaid Sim Cards in Cambodia
- At the exit terminals in any of the 2 international airports.
- In all landborder crossings.
- They cost only $10 but prices may vary depending on the service provider.
- They are available in denominations that range between USD 2 to USD 100.
- To top up simply call the number on top of your recharge card for instructions in English.
- Data plans are available in all mobile operators.
WiFi in Cambodia
Where to Access WiFi
- In hotels and restaurants provided you book with them.
- In Coffee shops as long as you buy something to eat or drink.
- Always call ahead to ensure the hotels offer free and secure WiFi. NEVER ASSUME!
- Always use Password - protected WiFi to conduct businesses and for online transactions.
- Avoid public WiFi or unmetered WiFi hotspots.