- These are some of the best destinations to visit that are less than 2 hours away from Casablanca.
- Rabat is about 87km away from Casablanca. You can get to Rabat from Casablanca by either bus or train.
- Casablanca-Rabat ONCF high-speed train leaves Casablanca for Rabat every 30 minutes from Casa Port train station. The trip takes 57 minutes
- Train fare: MAD 80.
CTM and Supratours also run a regular schedule from Casablanca- Rabat. The trip by bus or taxi takes 1 hour 30 minutes. You can catch a bus to Rabat at Gares des Voyauers terminal just next to Casa Port railway station. You can also catch a petit taxi to Rabat within the bus terminal.
Must-see attractions in Rabat
- There's so much to see and do in Rabat (Keep in mind the entire city of Rabat is a UNESCO world heritage site) but make sure you visit the following:
- Chellah- an ancient Islamic city located a few meters from Rabat's medina.
- Hassan tower and tomb
- The Mausoleum of Mohammed V
- Rabat's old medina.
- Sale sits next to Rabat just across the Bouregreg river.
- Sale is less than 30 minutes away from Rabat city center and you can easily get there using the tramway, taxi or by bus.
Must-see attractions in Sale
- The great mosque of Sale
- The Bab El Mrisa
- Sale's Medina- It's less chaotic compared to the medina's in Marrakech, Rabat, and Casablanca, and the shopping experience is also good.
- Medersa Bou Al Hassan
- This town is just 90 kilometers South of Casa.
- The easiest way to get to El Jadida is by ONCF train. There are 9 train trips from Casablanca to El Jadida daily. The train trip takes 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Train fare: MAD 80.
- CTM also has 2 daily bus trips from Casablanca to El Jadida.
Why visit El Jadida
- El Jadida is one of the true off the beaten path destinations in Morocco. It has a more relaxed beach life and a mixture of both Portuguese and Moroccan culture. Mazagan, one of the best-preserved Portuguese fortifications and a UNESCO world heritage site is also located within El Jadida.
- El Jadida is more budget-friendly and less crowded compared to other Moroccan coastal towns.
- Azemmour is a few kilometers from El Jadida. You can get here by taking either the train or bus to El Jadida and alight at Azemmour stations.
- Though it isn't far from Casablanca, Azemmour is very rich in traditional Morrocan culture and history, a great place to visit to experience local life. It also has great beaches.
Common scam to watch out for
- Most tour agencies will offer you day trip packages to popular destinations such as Marrakech, Fez, and Meknes from Casablanca. Taking day trips to these cities from Casablanca is money and time wastage, the experience won't be worth it. Some of these cities are 3-5 hours away from Casablanca. If you want to visit these cities plan for a 2 or 3-days trip.