- Torres del Paine is a national park within the Chilean Patagonia with Salto Grande being the prime waterfall attraction within the park.
- You can get to Torres del Paine from either Chile or Argentina with ease. All you have to do is get to Puerto Natales, Chile which is the town nearest to Torres del Paine.
How to get to Puerto Natales from Santiago.
- The trip involves both flight and road travel.
- Flight from Santiago to Punta Arenas
- Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales.
Flights from Santiago to Punta Arenas.
- Flight duration: 5 hours.
- Main carrier: LATAM, though also Sky airlines fly this route but not as frequently as LATAM, they have about 7 flights to Punta Arenas from Santiago daily.
- Flight cost: Round trip starts at about $150.
- Alternatively, you can also take the bus from Santiago though that will take 35 hours and costs almost the same as planes.
Buses from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales.
- Currently, there is no central bus terminus in Punta Arenas so you have to get bus tickets and board the bus directly from the offices of the bus company you want to travel with. I took Bus Sur, tickets cost $8. The journey takes about 3 hours.
How to Get to Puerto Natales to Torres Del Paine.
- Most luxury tours will offer you transport from Punta Arenas airport directly to Torres del Paine. But since I'm a solo traveler I had to find my own way to Torres del Paine.
- There are plenty of buses from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine.
- Travel duration: 2 hours
- Cost: $8
Torres Del Paine Tour.
- Entry fees to Torres Del Paine: $28
- The entry fees are inclusive of a bus tour around a park including a tour of Salto Grande.
- Once you pass Lake Nordenskjöld you'll have to complete the remaining part of the tour to Salto Grande on foot since your tour vehicle cannot go past that.
- From the main road, Salto Grande is 2 kilometers away.
- The best view of Salto Grande is by the bridge just in front of the waterfall.