Travelling to The Comoros? Worried about finding the best prepaid sim cards upon arrival? What are the ideal data plans in The Comoros?
These brief will provide all the answers to you questions.
The 2 Telco Providers in The Comoros
- Telma Comoros- Telecom Malagasy
- Huri- by Comoros Telecom ( Comtel)
About Huri and Telma
- The Locals refer to these prepaid sim cards as "SIMSIMs".
- The "SIMSIMs" are available across the archipelago in all leading supermarkets, on the streets, stalls, airports etc.
1. Telma- Comoros Malagasy
- Despite being the better service provider, Telma has few users.
- The network's signal gets worse as you approach the shoreline.
- You'll spend FC 4000 to purchase one Telma sim card. Top up you sim card to activate it.
Telma Data Packages
1. Karibu Data Package
- This is a welcome bonus, and can be purchased for only FC4000.
- Includes 60 minutes free to Telma, Mayotte, China, Canada, USA, Réunion and Saudi Arabia + 100 SMS +1 GB data in Comoros valid for a month.
- Dial *455*50# to purchase the offer.
These are data packages that can be added.
1. 50MB +50 MB Night Bonus valid for 1 day at 500KMF.
Dial *445*71# to activate.
2. 120MB + 120MB Night Bonus valid for 7 days at 1000KMF.
Dial *445*72# to activate.
3. 300MB+ 300MB Night Bonus valid for 7 days at 2000KMF.
Dial *445*73# to activate.
The rest include 5GB, 15 GB, 40GB and 100 GB at 7000KMF, 10000KMF, 25000KMF and 50000KMF respectively.
Huri- Comoros Telecom
- This is the leading Telco provider in The Comoros although its services come at a price.
- Dial 333 to activate your Huri Sim Card.
- To top up dial *123*voucher card number#
- To check your credit and data balance dial #123#
Huri Data Classique
- Purchase 75MB, 150MB, 350MB for 250KMF, 350KMF and 700KMF respectively.
- Visit the website at for more info.