This is a complete guide to everything you need to know about currency exchange in Cuba.
- The exchange rate at airport Casas is almost the same as city Casas.
- The disadvantage of exchanging money at airport Casas: Airport casas tend to be crowded.
Best Currency To Bring To Cuba
- I would recommend Euros, avoid US dollars. When exchanging US dollars to CUCs or CUPs you are charged a 10% commission. That decreases the value of your money by 10%.
- Currently, Euros also sell at a higher price in Cuba. In addition to that Euros are commission-free.
- See Current exchange rates in Cuba from Xe.
Difference between CUCs and CUPs
- CUCs ( convertible pesos) and CUPs (Cuban pesos/ National pesos) are both used in Cuba though CUCs are more expensive.
- 1 CUC = 25 CUPs
- The main difference: The visible main difference between CUC notes and CUP notes is in the artwork. CUCs have monuments while CUPs have famous Cuban leaders.