- Tranvia de Cusco is one of the best ways to tour Cusco.
- Tram tickets cost 30 soles ( $9 ), you purchase them at the western union office at Plaza de Armas.
- Wait for the tram at Plaza de Armas, each round trip from plaza de Armas to the old tram station and back to Plaza de Armas takes 90 minutes.
The first tour is at 8.30 am, the other successive tours are at 10.00 am, 11.30 am, 2.00 pm, 3.30 pm, 5.00 pm, and the last tour is at 6.30 pm.
What the tram tour involves
- The tram takes you through around some of Cusco's major historical sites.
- From Plaza de Armas you'll go uphill to the Christ statue, the museum of corn and one of Cusco's modern areas El Cristo Blanco.
- The driver also doubles as your tour guide and explains more about the places you'll be seeing that day.
Plaza de Armas