How to get from Punta Cana International Airport to the city center
- Honestly, if you're not fluent in Spanish and have never been to the Dominican Republic the best option is to pre-arrange your airport transfer. Reasons for that include:
- Taxis will overcharge you.
- Buses( guaguas) run an irregular schedule and are substandard compared to bus service in most developed countries.
- You'll be followed by numerous taxi drivers once you exit the arrivals hall.
- In case you don't have pre-planned these are some of the transport options available.
- There's no Uber. Some of the taxi companies operating at Punta Cana international airport include Beron taxi and Taxi Bavaro Punta Cana.
- Watch out for drivers who charge more than the set airport taxi fares.
- Buses are just right outside of the arrivals halls of both terminals. Buses stop outside of almost every hotel that's located in the zone they serve. If you don't have much luggage, it's bearable. Bus fare is paid on board.
- If you are going to Santo Domingo take expresso Bavaro buses.
- Expresso Bavaro is a direct bus service from Bavaro Punta Cana downtown station to Santo Domingo. They don't pick up passengers at Punta Cana International airport. Take a taxi or bus to the Downtown station and board your bus there.
- Travel duration; 3 hours.
- Fare: RD 400. Tickets are available at the ticket booths at the Bavaro station.
- Expresso Bavaro runs a regular bus schedule. Buses may stopover at Santo Domingo airport.
- Both international and local car rental companies are present at the car rental booth on the ground floor of both terminals of Punta Cana International Airport.