Complete Egypt train guide
- Egypt's mainline runs along the Nile with several branches, however, there are no trains that go to the red sea resort.
- These routes have the most frequencies and delays along these routes don't happen frequently;
- Cairo- Alexandria
- Luxor- Aswan
- Cairo - Luxor
- There are 3 classes of trains; express trains, ordinary trains, and local trains.
- Express trains and ordinary trains are in good shape and you can book them online.
- For local trains, you can only purchase tickets at the train stations.
- The line from Cairo- Luxor- Aswan is run by Watania sleeping trains and you can easily reserve your spot using their website.
- The other mainline trains are run by the Egyptian railway network and tickets are available on their website.
- The reservation and booking window is opened two weeks prior to the departure date