- Feluccas are traditional sailboats that depend on wind for propulsion and certainly, the cheapest way to explore the Nile.
How to prepare for a felucca cruise
- The best place to begin your felucca cruise is Aswan, it's a common business here and you shouldn't experience any difficulty in finding a felucca.
- Make sure youre dealing with the captain and not middlemen since that's the only way you'll get a good deal
Tip: Don't accept to be charged more than 100egp per day, they usually charge between 50 to 60egp per day but for tourists, they may charge up to 100egp.
- Ask to see the felucca and be sure that there will be no more than 7 people in the felucca since you'll be really squeezed when sleeping in case the number is bigger. Alternatively, organize your own group felucca cruise
Duration: Feluccas usually sail for 3 days and 2 nights.
What's in the cruise
- A 3 day sail on the Nile from Aswan to Luxor.
- Tours of Nubian villages at Kom Ombo and Edfu
- Carry your own sleeping bag, water and snacks they don't give you sleeping bags on the boat, food is provided.
- Make sure your package includes the full tour before boarding.