There are 2 main mobile operators on the beautiful islands of Fiji:
- Vodafone Fiji
- Digicel Fiji
- This is the main telecom service provider with the highest number of customers and arguably the best telecom coverage in the Islands of Fiji and throughout the archipelago.
- NOTE: You can purchase one of the Vodafone prepaid sim cards from Inkk Mobile which resells the sim cards at lower rates.
- 2G speeds are on 900 MHz and covers all the islands especially the remote islands.
- 3G on about 2100 MHz is found in most areas of the mainland with a coverage of about 95.7% Fijians.
- 4G/LTE using 800 MHz ( band 20) and 1800 MHz ( band 3) is given out for prepaid and has a coverage that extends to almost the entire cities and towns.
- Vodafone is the pioneer telecom service provider and has been on the market until the tear 2008 when Digicel was introduced.
- I'd recommend purchasing vodafone as your preferred prepaid sim card as it is the best choice.
Where to buy Vodafone Prepaid Sim cards
- In their major stores and outlets across the archipelago.
- You can also buy a sim card from their store in Nadi International Airport, at convenience stores, supermarkets and any operators stores.
- NOTE: I recommend purchasing one from an official store as registration of a sim card purchased locally is mandatory.
- It has more aggressive prices but its coverage is lower than that of Vodafone.
- Starter packs with Digicel prepaid sim cards are available at all their stores in the archipelago and other outlets.
- NOTE: Free sim cards sometimes come with an extra 500 MB for all tourists at the Nadi International Airport.
The Big Phat Data
- These are data packages that come with free unlimited on net minutes, and free unlimited Facebook, WhatsApp, Facebook and Linkedin.
- I'd recommend making good use of this data plan.