Mayotte is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean located between Madagascar and the coast of Mozambique.
The following are the top sights that I highly recommend you visit during your stay in Mayotte
1. Choazil Islands
- They are locally referred to as Malandzamia Islands.
- These are 2 islands located off the shore of Mtsamboro, Northern Mayotte.
- With an elevation of 63m, you will experience the breathtaking view of the heavenly white sandy beaches.
2. Îlot de Sable Blanc
- The Îlot de Sable Blanc du Sud ( Southern White Sand Islet ) is located off the southeast coast of Mayotte.
- It is rich in corals, turquoise water and the magnificent view is just magical.
- Be careful with the currents when snorkeling, they can be very strong.
3. Rassi Ngouja
- Rassi Ngouja is a point on the Island of Mayotte.
- It has an elevation of 31m.
- It has very beautiful beaches, which extremely quite and peaceful for your meditation.
4. Beach N'Gouja
- It is a very clean beach with very cool affordable restaurants, baobabs, coral reefs and top-offs.
- It is famous for snorkeling. There's a rare torpedo Ray, turtles and hundreds of fish species.
5. Mont Choungui
- Mont Choungui (594m) is a beautiful conical volcanic mountain in the southern part of Mayotte.
- It is the second highest point in Mayotte and is an ideal hiking spot.
- It is super mounted and can be challenging to hike. Be patient!
6. Chissioua Mbouzi
- This is a track of land surrounded by water whose main attraction is nature.
- It's rich in tropical dry forests, with numerous species of plants only found in Mayotte.
- Here also lives some 750 brown lemurs, only found in this island.
7. De Coconi Botanical Garden
- This is a pretty botanical garden in Coconi with a beautiful green space where you'll find almost every exotic flower.