Germany has one of the best Institutions of Higher Learning in the world.
It is no surprise that international students flock the country to exploit the world class universities.
As such, there exists limitations as to who enters the country. This highly depends on your country of origin and therefore you'll require a student visa to pursue your dreams in Germany.
Why a German Student Visa?
- If you are an international student enrolled or would wish to be enrolled in any German University, this is one of the requirements.
You don't require a German student visa if you come from the following countries:
- Any EU countries
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United States
NOTE: you'll need to register with the Local Residents Registration Office within 2 weeks upon your arrival in Germany.
If your country is not among the ones mentioned, you'll need to apply for a German student visa.
Types of German Student Visas
- They are three common Visas for students studying in Germany:
- This is a long term Visa.
- You'll be provided with one if you've been enrolled in any German University.
- You need to obtain a residence permit within 2 weeks upon your arrival in Germany.
- Apply for one in the German city you are residing.
Language Course Visa
- You may wish to study German for 3 to 12 months.
- This is the type of Visa you apply for.
Student Application Visa
- Apply for this Visa if you are not fully admitted into the university or,
- You wish to take entrance exams for your interview into any German University.
German Student Visa Requirements
- Valid National Passport
- 2 photocopies of your passport
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate if married
- Child's certificate if you have kids
- Proof of admission
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof you have paid the Student Visa Application fee