- Zakynthos (Zante) is the third-largest Ionian island just off the Greek coast.
- These are some of the several reasons I love this island and why you should also visit:
- It's all-inclusive- the east and south coast have great beaches. The north and west coast are mountainous, with very high cliffs plunging into the sea.
- You can easily get to the viewpoint of Navagio beach (shipwreck beach).
Ways of getting to Zakynthos.
- You can either fly to Zakynthos ( from Athens or Kefalonia) or take the ferry (from Kefalonia or Kyllini).
- Normally you can fly to Zakynthos from either Athens or Kefalonia. During holiday seasons, May-October, there might be flights from other European cities to Zakynthos.
Flying from Athens
- It's easier flying from Athens ( highly recommended) since there are more flights.
Flight frequency: Differs depending on the season. During off-peak seasons can be as few as 3 flights daily.
Flight Duration: 1 hour
Cost: Cheapest flight starts at $100.
Flying from Kefalonia
- I wouldn't recommend this, it's totally uneconomical. Though Kefalonia is closer to Zakynthos compared to Athens, flights from Kefalonia to Zakynthos are more costly.
Flight frequency: 2 flights weekly
Duration: 30 minutes.
Flight cost: Starting from $130
Important money-saving tip
- If you are from Kefalonia taking the ferry to Zakynthos is a more reasonable choice.
Ferry duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Frequency: There are 2 ferry trips from Kefalonia to Zakynthos daily.
Price: Each passenger ticket costs €15 while cars are charged € 40.
- You'll depart from the southern port of Kefalonia and arrive at Agios Nikolaos Schinari on the northern coast of Zakynthos.
Kyllini (On Mainland Greece)- Zakynthos Ferry.
- This is the most common ferry route with 4 trips daily.
- This is the full schedule and timetable of Levante ferries operating this route in 2020.
Important info: Levante ferries are the only ferries operating this route.
Sailing duration: 1 hour 20 minutes.
Ferry prices: €10 per passenger and €37 per car
- Unlike ferries from Kefalonia which dock at Agios Nikolaos Schinari, ferries from Kyllini dock at Zakynthos town.