Honduras is very strict about its visa policies and overstaying your visa can cause you an unpleasant ordeal.
- People who overstay in Honduras are charged by the number of days you overstay in the country.
- The fine is usually paid before you exit the country. Mostly at the airport and the borders.
- When found in the country with an expired Visa, you will be forced to pay the fine and also, you will get deported.
- Tourists can apply for a 30-day extension to their visa. However, the extension can only be granted once. Afterwards you will have to exit the country for 72 hours.
- The CA4 treaty is not in use and therefore you can leave to any of the countries around Honduras for the 3 days.
- The extension visa can be obtained in your local embassy in the country.
Be sure enough that if you overstay your visa, you will be apprehended. This is usually not a good experience and may lead to you not getting a visa back to Honduras afterwards.