Perfume River Introduction
- Each time returning to Hue, a lot of people sobbing in front of the poetic and lyrical beauty of the Perfume River. This river has been the inspiration for a lot of artists who have big love with Hue. Huong River is like a gentle silk ribbon surrounding Hue.
- Coming to the ancient capital city without enjoying the beauty of the river, it seems that you have not arrived in Hue.
The Origin of the name Perfume River
- Since ancient times, the Perfume River flows through the forests bearing the fragrance of herbs. When coming to Hue, the Perfume River is beautiful from the source, winding with the scent of natural plants as an arrangement that nature bestowed on this land.
Image: (Huong River symbolizes the ancient capital of Hue)
Perfume River Characteristics
- The Perfume River flows through the Hue Imperial City, Imperial Citadel, Forbidden City, embellishing the natural beauty of this unique feudal capital. Huong River has a length of up to 80km, particularly the section from Bang Lang to Thuan An estuary is 30km long.
Image: (Perfume River beautify Hue beauty)
- The slope of the water flow from the sea surface is not much different, so the river water flows slowly. The part of the river running through Hue meanders like a natural arrangement in order to embellish the beauty of Hue city. Perfume River is a priceless gift that nature has dedicated to this land. This river is a decisive factor for the emperors of the Nguyen dynasty to choose Hue as the capital, a convergence of Hue landscape and cultural heritage.
- The Huong River has two large tributaries, both of which originate from the Truong Son mountain range. Ta Trach branch comes from Long cave, flows through 55 large and small falls to Bang Lang junction. The Huu Trach branch starts from the east of Chan Son mountain, flows through 14 levels of mountains, and merges with the Ta Trach stream at the upper junction. From Bang Lang T-junction to the sea the river becomes spacious, the water flows smoothly.
- The Perfume River's water is green all year round except during floods. From Bang Lang T-junction, the Perfume River flows gently and slowly through the green villages of the outskirts of Hue, deep into the heart of the city, and then continues to meander through the countryside downstream before reaching the sea.
Image: (Huong River flows around Hue city)
Perfume River Beauty
- Citadel, architectural monuments on both sides of the river reflect the silhouette into the river like a picturesque feng shui picture. The Perfume River is as charming as a Hue girl, smiling shyly under a conical hat. The silvery-white color of the river is further embellished when the Trang Tien Bridge crosses the Perfume River.
- Huong River leads the way down the water to take visitors to visit the beauty of Vy Da garden with a green grass garden. What could be more wonderful than being upstream to Thien Mu pagoda to drop your soul and follow the temple bell? From the pagoda, you can watch the whole beauty of Perfume river like a maiden's shirt changing colors several times a day.
Photos: (The beauty of the Perfume River seen from Thien Mu Pagoda)
- Goodbye sacred temple in Hue, you suddenly turn into the Bach Yen River to Huyen Khong. The ancient space here along with cloudy wind, with the world of sweet and fragrant flowers, makes your soul so gentle and pleasant.
- Following the curves of Nguyet Bieu village, the green of the Huong River with the mudflats and the green of trees and hills create a poetic landscape. Stop at Tu Duc mausoleum, you will admire the wonderful beauty of the Perfume River. This is an unprecedented place on any tourist map, but do not miss it. To this day, it is still an interesting point of observation of Hue city.
- Upstream to the upstream, take a dragon boat to Hon Chen Temple. Huong River embellishes the peaceful beauty here. Your soul is released along with the mountains, temporarily putting aside all troubles of life.
Image: (Huong River highlights harmony in Hon Chen palace)
- Under daylight, the emerald green shimmering of the river, the boats floating on the water make visitors unforgettable. Going on a boat to admire the beauty of Huong Giang, drop flower lanterns or listen to Ca trù, Hue folk songs in the middle of the night at a lonely night is an elegant pleasure hard to compare.
- Huong River and Ngu Binh Mountain become typical symbols of Hue ancient capital. Referring to Hue, visitors immediately remember the poetic Huong River. Throughout the year, the gentle river flows around the city, highlighting the beauty of this land. The inherent beauty of the blue river has brought to the city the quiet poeticness emanating from the land of deep culture.
- Hue is not only a political, cultural, and religious center of the Nguyen Dynasty until 1945, but it is also more beautiful when the Huong River flows through it to embellish the natural beauty of a feudal capital. If you have the opportunity to travel to Hue please do not forget the dragon boat sightseeing the Perfume River through every moment, surely you will be unforgettable in the journey to the ancient city of Hue.