After booking the appointment for the visa interview (this can be done online or at the embassy's offices in Nairobi), be sure to carry the following documents to the interview.
- Interview letter copy.
- A valid passport. Your passport must be valid for 6 months minimum from the date you plan to travel to the U.S
- 2 passport photographs. Click here to see the embassy's photo requirements.
- If you are 18 years or older: carry your original birth certificates and national ID, police certificate and criminal records if you have any.
- For married people: the original and copy of your marriage certificate are needed and the divorce certificate for divorcees.
- For minors: the parents or guardians also have to attach their birth certificates and IDs regardless of whether they'll travel with the children or not.
- Medical examination results. This medical examination can only be done at 2 clinics which have been approved by the embassy.
(a) International organization for migration
(b) Migration health assessment center.
- Both medical clinics are located along UN Avenue in Nairobi. See more about information pertaining to the medical examination here
- Do not mail your documents directly to the embassy. Just carry them to the interview with you or contact the embassy and enquire on ways to send your documents if you have to.