How to get around Kota Bharu from Ipoh
From Ipoh By Bus
- Only 2 bus schedules - 10 am or 10 pm
- Pick the Trans Nasional buses for a normal, non double decker bus
- Trip is 6 and a half hour
- One 30 minutes pit stop at Gerik town, before you go up the Titiwangsa mountain range.
I wish I knew
- The 30 min trip in Grik is at a local restaurant (which seem to be a pit stop for express buses). Timing is perfect for lunch + prayer
- The buses use this same pit stop if travelling back from Kota Bharu to Ipoh
- Bus don't go pass the Wakaf Che Yeh area (unless you can cajole the driver to do it)
- There's 2 bus stations in Kota Bharu. And to go to Ipoh, the bus station is located in town.