Transport from Lagos International Airport ( Murtala Mohammed) to Victoria island
- Lagos is a large city covering a very wide area including Lagos mainland, Lagos Island, Victoria Island, and other smaller islands.
- Murtala Mohammed airport is located in Ikeja, Lagos mainland. Most tourists stay in Victoria island (That's where most hotels and hostels are) which is almost 3 hours away from the airport.
- If it's your first time visiting Lagos, arrange for a taxi to pick you up.
- If that option isn't available, order an uber or bolt. Uber Nigeria charges a standard base rate fee of N200, N5.5 per minute, and N 55 per kilometer.
- Expect to pay between N5000- N 10000 ( $15-25) from the airport to Victoria island.
- Don't expect that your hotel will automatically provide you with transport from the airport just because that's what they indicated on their website. Call them a day or two before arriving in Lagos to confirm.
- You'll find yellow and blue taxis just after you exit both passenger terminals. It's quite chaotic and taking these taxis is a huge risk, personally, I wouldn't take one.
- There's a BRT system operating all over Lagos. Routes aren't clear so don't take it unless you are in the company of a local.