Right between the Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania borders lies Africa biggest lake, Lake Victoria. This lake is a must visit for most tourists who visit this region. When making a trip to the lake, make sure you visit these places.
- The island is easily accessible via the Kenyan side of the lake either by water or by the causeway than rinse from Mbita to Rusinga.
- It's home to Ruma national park, an animal reserve that boasts of having one of the rarest animal species.
- Rusinga is also a great place to learn about human evolution and archaeology since it is rich in fossils.
Ruma national park
- Banda island, the jewel among the 84 islands located in the Ugandan side of the lake.
- With its good rainforest coverage and sandy beaches, it's the ideal location for camping, relaxing and engaging in a range of water activities such as fishing and beach games.
- However, do not swim as bilharzia is quite common around1 this island.
The national botanical garden
- Located in Entebbe, Uganda, this garden lies on the shore of the lake.
- It's an ideal location to have a spectacular view of the lake.
- The garden boasts of over 150 different birds species as well as a good number of monkeys squirrels.
- Lying on the Tanzanian Lake Victoria, Ukerewe is the largest island on the lake.
- A trip to the island gives you the chance to enjoy the scenic views of the lake while taking part in various water activities.
- It's also a great place to learn about the local cultures, do bike and walking tours.
Other places to check out
- Mfangano Island, Kenya
- Rubondo island national park, Tanzania
- River Nile source( Jinja ), Uganda