- Most tourists take taxis from the airport to the city.
- If you're going to take taxis, I recommend you take what they call authorized taxis.
- The good thing about authorized taxis is that the price is standardized unlike with metered taxis. Authorized taxi stalls are just near the entrance of both terminal 1 and 2. Once you purchase your ticket, your driver picks you right outside the terminal.
Authorized taxi companies at Mexico airport
- Currently, these are the companies that offer authorized taxis services at Benito Juarez airport.
- Porto taxi
- Sitio 300
- Yellow cab
- Nueva Imagen
- Cost of transfers to downtown Mexico city: 250-300 Mex pesos.
- I used the bus once, it's ok and the buses are very easy to find.
- At terminal 1 the bus terminal is just near the international arrivals area, at terminal 2 the bus terminal is just outside gate D.
- You'll see small booths at the bus parking. Purchase your tickets here.
- list of bus ticket prices to various parts of Mexico City.
- Metrobus line 4 goes straight to San Lazaro metro station from where you can board the subway to the city center. The tickets cost 30 pesos.
- The is no direct metro from the airport to the city center. However, the airport is close to terminal Aerea station which is served by metro line 5.
- Metro cost: 5 pesos
- From terminal 1 you can connect to the metro station using line G but you have to walk to the metro station if you are terminal 2. The metro station is about 700 meters away from terminal 2.