Here's all you need to know to make your trip to Teotihuacan a success;
- Avoid visiting on Sundays, entry is free for Mexican residents on all Sundays and the site is usually super crowded.
- Weekdays are the least crowded.
Guide or no guide
- Whether to get a guide or not that's totally up to you, however, Teotihuacan is relatively vast and you may consider getting a guide who'll take you through. If you don't have a guide make sure you visit the following sites.
- The pyramid of the sun - It's the largest pyramid here. If you don't mind the stairs(250) go up.
- The pyramid of the moon - smaller than the pyramid of the sun but you can see the whole of Teoticuahan from here.
- The avenue of the dead
pyramid of the sun
Avenue of the dead
Other visiting tips
- You don't have to carry lunch you can go in and come out to get good food right outside the gates.
- This trip involves a lot of walking, wear comfortable sneakers and carry water.