- Cenotes are natural pits with limerock that have underground water and are very common in Riviera Maya.
Activities to do at cenotes
- Spiritual cleansing. Locals believe in spiritual powers associated with cenotes.
- ONLY EXPERIENCED DIVERS SHOULD ATTEMPT DIVING IN CENOTES.
- Don't apply any lotion or sunscreen before getting into the water. The marine life here is very sensitive.
- Entry charges are $5-$10 per person. However additional costs are incurred in case you want lunch, guided tours and renting equipment.
- There's also quite a number of tour companies that offer cenote tours.