Most of us may rule out traveling to Mexico during the hurricane season (June-October), however, with caution, it's one of the best times to visit since;
- It's less crowded.
- Airplane fares and hotel rates are low.
- It's summer during this time in northern countries and the heat might be too much.
Here is how to visit Mexico during the hurricane season
Visit inland destinations
- The coast ( Yucatan peninsula, the golf coast and the Pacific coast) is usually the worst affected by hurricanes, during these months opt for inland tours. Consider visiting Mexico City, Monterrey and Guadalajara during this time.
Get travel insurance
- That way you're assured you'll be compensated in case you have to cut your trip short due to hurricanes.
Stay at a hotel with hurricane guarantee policy
- Quite a number of hotels have this cover, make sure to stay at a hotel with one.
Track the weather patterns
- It's less likely that a hurricane will strike impromptu, in most cases the weather patterns usually indicate the possibility of a hurricane, in case of such patterns you should avoid going to Mexico.