Following the recent Likoni tragedy that claimed 2 lives, it is important to know the safety guidelines before using the ferry.
The following is a complete guide on your safety on-board.
Safety tips for drivers
- Follow the signs to the ferry carefully.
- Drive within the stipulated speed limit.
ALWAYS allow plenty of room to break-turn.
ALWAYS apply your hand-break before turning your engine off/on.
NEVER start your engine until the traffic ahead of you has disembarked.
ALWAYS lower your windowpane.
ALWAYS unbuckle your seat belts.
- If possible, get out of your car and get in once you arrive on the other side.
Safety tips for passengers
NEVER sleep on the floor. If dizzy, move away from the edges.
- Avoid the vessel's vehicle deck as it may be slippery.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of life jackets and evacuation stations.
- Avoid standing near the back or front, especially where there are no barriers.
ALWAYS hold your child's hand. Don't allow them to play when on board.
- Riding bikes, skating or any other sport when onboard, is prohibited.
NEVER climb on or over railings or any other structures that may slip or fall.
NOTE: Always use your common sense.