How to get to Marrakech from Casablanca by bus.
Bus travel duration: 4 hours.
Bus fare: Fares range from $ 8-14.
- For CTM buses, they have coaches of various classes, these are the prices per class. $8 is for an economy class seat while $14 is for a premium class seat.
Where to board buses heading to Marrakech in Casablanca
- There are several bus stations within Casablanca with buses that operate the Casablanca -Marrakech route. Most travelers prefer taking CTM and Supratour buses when traveling in Morocco. However, Supratour buses don't operate along the Casablanca- Marrakech route currently. CTM buses have 2 bus stations in Casablanca.
- The main CTM bus station is at Gare des Voyageurs, just near Casa Port Railway station.
- The second station is in Maarif at Rue Leon L' Africain. You can easily locate Maarif on Google maps.
Tip: Travelling from the main station in easier, it's nearer to the airport and is within the CBD.
- It's impossible to book CTM buses from outside Morocco. I've tried and failed several times. Though you really don't have to make bus reservations earlier. CTM has buses leaving from Casablanca to Marrakech hourly.
- The last CTM bus from Casablanca to Marrakech is at 2300hr, the last bus is a comfort plus bus (premium).
- They don't allow people to board buses before departure time in Morroco due to security reasons.
- After purchasing your bus ticket at the ticket office, go to the cosignee office to get labelling tags for your luggage. You'll be given copies of the tags which you have to produce in Marrakech when picking your bags otherwise they won't allow you to take them.
How to get to Gare des Voyageurs from Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport
- The best way to get to the bus station from the airport is by taking the train.
- Train duration: 45 minutes
- Train ticket cost- MAD 42 for a single second class ticket. A single first class ticket costs MAD 63.
- Airport train station location: The airport's train station is located on the level -1 floor of terminal 1 arrivals area.
- There are two booths at the train station and several ticket machines from where you can purchase tickets.
- Frequency: There's a train departing to downtown hourly.