There are 6 ways to travel from Munich to the city of Berlin:
- By train
- Train via Nuremberg
- Car or,
- By Flight
From Munich to Berlin by Train
- I highly recommend using this mode of transport.
Duration of Travel
- The train takes 4h 5m to arrive at Berlin Train Station.
Cost of Travel
- Expect to pay between US$ 120 - US$ 170.
Train Operators Servicing This Route
1. The Austrian Railways
- The operate twice a week.
- Takes longer with an approximate travel duration of 5h 50m.
2. Deutsche Bahn Intercity Express
- I recommend using this train operator.
- Duration of travel is only 4h 4m.
- The cost is USD 120 to USD 170.
- Operates on an hourly basis.
From Munich to Berlin via Nuremberg by Train
- This route takes around 4h 45m.
- The cost of travel is around USD 123 - USD 210.
Board a train from Munich to Nuremberg.
- It takes 1h 15m for the train to arrive at Nuremberg Station.
- The train operates at a frequency of 20 minutes.
- Costs around USD 30 - USD 85.
Board a train from Nuremberg to Berlin.
- Takes 3h.
- Operates hourly.
- The cost of travel ranges between USD 90 to USD 130.
From Munich to Berlin by Bus
- The duration of travel is 7h 10m.
- This will cost you around USD 20 - USD 40.
- Has a frequency of 10 hours.
- Charges between USD 30 - USD 40.
- Duration of travel is 7h 10m.
- Operates 3 times a day
- Charges USD 20 - USD 25.
From Munich to Berlin by Ride share
- Duration of travel is around 6h 10m.
- Costs between USD 25 - USD 50.
- The distance to be covered is 583.7 km.
From Munich to Berlin by Car
- Takes about 5h 10m.
- The whole journey will cost you around USD 80 - USD 110.
From Munich to Berlin by Flight
- This is the fastest means taking only 3h 5m.
- The cost of a flight ticket ranges between USD 65 - USD 280.