How to get health insurance for foreigners in Kenya
- If you are an Expat and would wish to visit Kenya, then your Health Insurance Plans must be on top of your list.
- There is always a viable option where you can procure a good health insurance plan in your home country before travelling to Kenya.
- This will enable you to enjoy the best high medical care during your stay in Kenya.
Range of Health Plans
- Before you get your health insurance covered, you must first choose your preferred health plan.
- Health Plans existing in Kenya include:
- Family Plan
- Short Term Health Insurance
- Senior Citizens
- Maternity Plan
- Pre-existing conditions
Length of Coverage
- In order to get your health insurance covered, you'll need to specify the length of Coverage in your application form.
- In Kenya, most health insurance companies have the following options:
- 0 - 3 months
- 3 - 6 months
- 6 - 12 months
- 1 year+
- 2 years+ and,
How Kenya's Health Care System works for foreigners
- Like any Western country, Heath care in Kenya is available for all people, citizen or not.
- Well, the Public Health Care System is the cheapest but it comes with its fair share of downfalls.
- The services take too long due to the shortage of staff and inadequate infrastructure.
- The Private Sector is better but the services are costly, but that depends entirely on the type of hospital you visit.
International Private Health Insurance Plans for foreigners in Kenya
- These Insurance plans can be used in any other country depending on your pointed area of coverage.
- You can buy one of the best insurance plans from the following insurance companies:
- Allianz International
- GoeBlue Global Health Plan - I recommend this for all American expats residing in Kenya.
Online Application Process
- Visit your preferred Insurance Company's website, fill in your:
- Country of Coverage
- Email Address
- Fill in your details and submit the form.