- Namibia is a free visa-free country, you don't need a tourist visa if you are visiting Namibia for tourism purposes. However, if you are visiting for work or studies you have to get a permit.
Which nationals don't need a visa to enter Namibia? Citizens of most nations don't need a tourist visa. See the full list of visa exempted citizens below.
- Proof of accommodation or invitation letter
- A passport that is valid for a period of at least 6 months.
- Return/ onward ticket
- Medical cover during your period of stay.
- Yellow fever certificate if you are coming from a yellow fever endemic zone.
Note: Depending on the nature of your visit and citizenship you may need other extra documents
How to get a visa on arrival in Namibia
Visa cost: N$ 1080 ( about USD 70).
- The time it takes to clear with immigration depends on the number of flights landing that day. On average it will take you one hour.
- If you are flying into Namibia from South Africa or other Southern African countries you'll go through immigration more quickly since nationals from these countries need less documentation.
Visa duration: The visa you'll be given is valid for 3 months and can be extended for an additional 3 months.