- Damaraland is a region that lies between the Etosha national park and Sossusvlei. It is a semi-desert region characterized by vast plains, colored granite ( the most famous being the twylofelfontein rock) here elephants and rhinos move about freely.
- There's quite a number of ways of getting there
- Driving yourself
- Booking a tour
Driving yourself from Swakopmund
- From Swakopmund, you drive for about 1 hour to Henties bay ( this is where the skeleton coast begins. You can stop to look at the shipwrecks). At Henties bay you take a sharp turn inwards at C35.
- If you're in Windhoek you have two options of getting to Damaraland
- Taking charted flights from Eros airport. There are no regular flights to Damaraland but charted flights can be organized.
- Driving yourself. First, you'll take the B1 route then branch C39 and take the road that goes past Khoxiras. This drive takes about 7 hours.
- This is the nearest major point to Damaraland. The drive from here to Damaraland takes about 4 hours.