Buses to take from Centro to Copacabana
- Basically, there are 2 types of buses in Rio that operate around Copacabana
- City bus
- Executive buses ( Frescao)
- City bus is way cheaper but not convenient for tourists as getting travel cards for tourists is a nightmare( travel cards allow you to have one extra bus ride within every two hours without being charged extra) and their safety is questionable. If you pay in cash fare from downtown to Copacabana is R$3.80
- For executive buses payment is only BRL. This buses are more upscale and have air conditioning.
- I don't know how much really it costs to move from downtown to Copacabana on frescao buses since the fares vary. For me I though I was charged R$10.
- Frescao buses run more frequently during morning and evening rush hours. During the day you'll just spot one or two and getting one may be difficult. You may be forced to take city buses or the metro if you're on a budget.
- For both buses, you just have to flag them off the road.