- Sugarloaf mountain is one of Rio's top attractions and the views of the city and other attractions including Copacabana are simply unbeatable from the top of the peak.
- These cable cars run from the ground station in Praia Vermelha stop at Morro de Urca ( the small peak before Sugarloaf mountain) then proceed to Sugarloaf mountain.
- You can also hike Morro de Urca then take the cable car to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- The cable car stops at Morro de Urca for 20 minutes, visitors can stop to take refreshments and enjoy the scenic views from this point.
View from Morro de Urca
How to get to Praia Vermelha
- You can easily get to the Praia Vermelha by taking an Uber or taxi ( easiest option) or you can take the bus from Copacabana or Central. From Central take 107 buses, from Copacabana take either 581, 583 or 104.
- Adults pay R$ 76
- Children under 6 years- free.
- 50% discount for:
- Children between 6 to 12 years.
- Young adults between 12 to 21 years.
- People with disability
- Adults above 60 years.
- Students (present your student ID)
- If you take the cable car from Morro de Urca the price is B$20 for adults and half the price for people in the discount category.
Ticket office working hours
- Cable car stations open at 8.00 am and close at 8.00 pm.
- Hiking gates close at 6.00 pm during winter and at 7.00 pm during summer.
- Tickets are also available online.
- Alternatively, if you are an experienced mountain climber you can just go ahead and climb Sugarloaf mountain. It takes about an hour for an experienced climber to get to the top of the mountain.