It’s actually very simple.
All you have to do is to download an app from (Apple Store or Google Play) Bike Itau and pay R$10 (2Eur) per month to register your account.
Once it is done - click “comprar passe bike Rio” in order to buy a subscription.
- The Bike Rio plan works either using a cell phone app for a daily pass or internet for a monthly pass.
- Once you ready you can use the bike for free up to 1 hour. If you do not place it back in any of many terminals you will be charged R$5 per hour.
Return the bike before 10 pm. Or it will count as full day charging your per/hour.
- Once you are out riding the streets of Copacabana and Ipanema,
remember to plan your route and check the map on your app for the terminal to drop the bike within 60min.
- After you successfully have dropped it you will be ready to pick up the new bike from the same terminal if needed
Important to know
- Pretty often - especially in remote areas, the bikes in terminals might be broken or not responding to your app.
- There are more than 250km of cycle tracks and over 60 terminals from which these light, orange bikes can be rented.