It's actually quite simple
- The major biking areas in Santiago are:
- Central Santiago
- Las codes
- Providencia has the highest number of biking routes and hence has the highest number of bike rentals.
How to use the blue public bikes in Providencia
- These bikes are found all over the streets in Providencia, once you're in Providencia, you just can't miss them. They charge between CLP 2000- 3000 per day and are available from 7 am to sunset during weekdays and up to 2 pm on weekends. There is always an attendant at these centers to serve you.
- To rent these bikes you have to present your passport for foreigners, Chileans have to show their national ID.
Where to find other bikes within Providencia
- Bike rentals are also just right outside most metro stations in Providencia. These include Salvador station, Parque Bustamante and Manuel Montt station.
How to use green bikes in Santiago
- These green bikes are owned by La biciclita Verde, a Chilean company that offers bike rentals and bike tours, for reservations and inquiries contact them through their website here