How to see the liquid rainbow
- The Cano Cristales also the river of five colors features five vibrant colors: pink, red, yellow, green and blue and is located within the Serannia de la Macarena national park.
How to get there
- Traveling to the park by road is difficult. It's easier to take a flight to La Macarena the main entry point to the park. From La Macarena there are a number of ways to get to the river on horsebacks, donkey backs, walking or taking a jeep.
- It's safe to do a short canoe trip or hike around the river but always have a guide. However, you can travel independently (without the intervention of tour agencies) but you must be accompanied by a guide when going to the river.
Best time to visit
- Between June to December is the best time to visit since it's wet and the colored underwater plants will have grown
- NOTE: Tourists are prohibited from visiting the river within the dry months of between January-May.