I have been to Singapore a couple of times with different companions who have different tastes for adventure. Here are some of the few ways you could explore Singapore, whether you're on your own or with a group!
- Mass Rapid Transit or Train - Singapore has one of the best train systems and it's the quickest way of getting around. It's super easy to understand (even if you're directionally-challenged), always on time and it connects almost all places. Most of the stations are also air-conditioned which helps a lot since it's sweltering in the city. Don't forget to buy an EZ Link Card for a hassle-free commute and for discounted fares!
- Public Bus - You would love how organized their bus system is. Almost all corners have bus stops. You just need to understand the different routes and corresponding bus numbers. It's pretty easy to learn. Do take note that the driver only accepts exact change! So go get that EZ Link card. *winks*
- By Foot or by walking - If you don't tire easily, then this could be fun! Tried walking around Little India and we discovered so many amazing places. You can get maps at the airport or download Google Maps for easy navigation.
- Hop On, Hop Off Tour - I highly recommend this option if you're on a tight schedule. For a fee, you can see as many attractions as you can in one day or 2 days! You can check out their site to book a tour or to know more about how it works.
- Meet up a friend who lives there - easiest way to explore the country is to meet up with someone who lives there and ask him/her to take you around! You'd be able to save more time and sometimes even money (my friends usually take me around and feed me too). It's also a great way to catch up with friends or family!
- Group Tours - If you don't want to break a sweat planning your day or itinerary then just leave it to the experts. Go for this type of tour if you're willing to shell out a bit more for some comfort and fun. Don't forget to have fun!
- Private Guided Tour - If you want more comfort and privacy, then this could be the best option for you. This usually includes hotel/hostel pick-up and drop-off plus tour guides. More pricey but why not if you're paying for convenience?
- Taxi - This is the easiest way to get around the city, but it could also be pricey. If you're not on a budget, then just flag one anywhere or book online through an app. Choose from 3 types -- Standard, Premium or Limousine. The fare depends on what type of car you'd hop into. We rode a cab once, a Mercedes Benz, from the airport to Chinatown and our cab fare was more expensive than a regular taxi!
- Book a GRAB car - yes, Singapore has Grab! Grab is a private car-hailing service. Used this a few times during our trip and although the price is almost the same as taxis, it's more convenient and reliable.