Two main ways to get into the city from the SIN airport
- This is Singapore's metro system
Cheapest way to get in to the city. Less than $2 to downtown / Marina Bay area (fare varies by distance, get official fare estimate here)
- The first train leaves T2 at around 6am, last train leaves T2 at 11:18pm
- The trip should take around 30-40 minutes
- How to take:
- MRT leaves from terminal 2 only. If you are in any other terminal you must take the free shuttle to terminal 2 first. No matter which terminal you're in, simply follow signs for "MRT"
- Take the train first to Tanah Merah station, then transfer to the green East-West line towards Tuas Link and get off at Raffles Place station (in the centre of downtown). The transfer is very easy you don't need to go up/down any stairs, the connecting train is on the exact same platform as the airport train
- Tickets: if you go to Singapore for more than a day, I recommend you get the rechargeable MRT card called EZ Link card. It is so much easier to tap in and tap out of the stations rather than buying tickets every time. The card itself has a one-time $5 non-refundable cost, however.
- Here's a map of this route
- Taxi or Grab
- Taxi is about $20 to downtown, Grab is about $16 to downtown
- To use Grab you must download the app and set it up while you can receive SMS messages because it requires you to confirm your phone number