There are several ways to get to the Selous game reserve. This game reserve boasts of being the Largest game reserve in Africa and is particularly popular because of its game viewing sites. It is quite hidden behind the Uluguru mountains.
- This is a very popular way of getting to the game reserve. this is because you could get a helicopter from as far as Dar-es-salaam, Arusha and even Zanzibar, this allows you to enjoy even more tourist destination sites and have the time to visit the reserve.
- One could also fly from any public airstrips to the game reserve.
- A Helicopter ride allows you to view the Mountains that protect this reserve from the air, you can also notice the vegetation changes as one moves inland from the coastal towns.
- This is perhaps the cheapest way to get to the game reserve. this does not necessarily mean that it is a lackluster means, The TAZARA (Tanzania Zambia Railway) offers an insight into the country. The train wriggles its way inland through the rural villages or Morogoro and around the Uluguru mountains allowing you ample time to enjoy the scenery and to absorb it all.
- You'll alight at Matabwe, which just a short drive away from the park.
- The journey by road takes you through Morogoro town and the surrounding rural Tanzanian villages.