- To gain entry into Tanzania, you need the following documents
- A valid visa- this can be issued from Tanzania embassies abroad or at selected points upon arrival.
- A passport that is valid for not less than 6 months
- A residence permit or pass
- Visa requirements differ for different types of visa. There are 4 types of Tanzanian visas:
- Single visa
- Multiple visas
- Business visa
- Transit visa
More info about the requirements for various visas can be found on the Tanzanian immigration website.
Online visa service
- Once on the immigration website, click on e-services, you'll find the visa form which you'll fill and submit online.
- After successfully filling your form you'll pay visa fees by either MasterCard, visa card or swift transfer.
- Visa fees are as follows:
- Transit visa-$30
- Ordinary visa-$50
- Multiple entry visa- $100
- Business and student visa -$250
- Citizens from the following countries are not needed to have a visa to enter Tanzania.