How do you get to the Great Wall at Mutianyu? There are a few ways to do it:
- Hire a private car and driver. It costs the most but is the most efficient way.
- Take the Great Wall public bus. It is the cheapest but has the most hassle.
- Take Great Wall Adventure Club’s Great Wall Mutianyu bus tour.
Of course, you must visit the Great Wall when you come to Beijing. Currently, the Great Wall is open in sections for visitors to visit. Which section of the Great Wall to visit? This problem often troubles tourists who come to Beijing for the first time.
The Badaling Great Wall was the first to develop and has a great reputation in China. The Badaling Great Wall extends in all directions along the ridge and is majestic. Visiting Badaling is a good choice.
At present, the Mutianyu Great Wall is very popular among foreign tourists. There are three main reasons: 1) There are relatively few tourists, mostly foreign tourists. 2) There are many green vegetation and beautiful scenery. 3) The slides of the Great Wall are very popular with children. Mutianyu Great Wall can be said to be suitable for all ages.
However, compared with the Badaling Great Wall, public transportation at the Mutianyu Great Wall is slightly inconvenient. Beijing Mutianyu Great Wall is located in Huairou District, about 80 kilometers north of Beijing.
The Great Wall Adventure Club Mutianyu Bus
Great Wall Adventure Club has launched daily Great Wall bus tour to Mutianyu. You can get to the Great Wall for only 1.5 hours for a price of $49. That includes an English-speaking guide. The bus tour will have the following convenience.
- Explore the best part of the Great Wall, the Mutianyu Great Wall with undulating mountains, lush forests and magnificent landscapes
- You can also book the shuttle bus ticket separately and gather at a designated place, which may be more convenient for your itinerary
- This itinerary includes a pick-up service from the hotel to the meeting point to help you travel easily!
- Witness the invincible defense construction method of 20 densely erected enemy buildings, three front gates and double-sided crenels
- Climbing in this section is not difficult, and the number of tourists is relatively small, so you can enjoy the scenery of the outskirts of Beijing.
- On the return journey, get off at the Bird's Nest and Water Cube, and you can visit the beauty of contemporary Chinese architecture along the way
- Enjoy convenient and comfortable bus transfers from downtown Beijing to Mutianyu Great Wall, easy and safe
Customer Reviews of the Mutianyu Bus Tour:
- This is really good, the scenery is very beautiful, and you can enjoy the taste of the original Wild Great Wall at the end. The most important thing is that there are not many people. It is really easier to follow the crowd than the people in Badaling. It is highly recommended.
- Pick up on time, the tour guide will confirm the time and place with the group members the night before. The itinerary includes transportation, entrance tickets and lunch but does not include the cThe tour guide contacted us the night before and told us to meet at the subway station near the accommodation. I suggested to take the cable car because of my illness. Lucy explained and analyzed very patiently. The lunch is also very rich and satisfying. Finally sent us to the bird's nest and ended perfectly.able car. But on-site and the tour guide can confirm the purchase of the cable car, the fare is the same. I like it very much overall, the schedule and explanation are just right.
- I can't even say that the Great Wall is not a hero, Mutianyu in winter is really super beautiful! ! The tour guide Huaer is also very nice, gentle and patient. The introduction is also particularly detailed. Those who are physically weak are encouraged to buy lift tickets. Otherwise, it may be too difficult to climb up and you will not be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- It's worth it! The bus transfer is very convenient, there is plenty of time to visit the Great Wall, the itinerary includes lunch, and the tour guide Wang Susie is very patient to explain in both Chinese and English.
- The tour guide is very good and the explanation is very clear. The return ride will ask everyone where they want to go and teach everyone to take the subway and send it to the nearest place.
- Time arrangements are appropriate, go out early to avoid traffic jams at work, the Mutianyu Great Wall has a moderate slope and can be completed by both the elderly and young people. Lunch portions and dishes are OK. On the whole, the tour guide for this event, Xiao Han, has a cordial attitude, clear explanations in both Chinese and English, and a clear and methodical explanation. If you encounter any questions, you will be able to get satisfactory answers. If I go to China again, I will undoubtedly choose the event arrangement, thank you!
- Very good, there were no people from the early morning until the beginning. I climbed from Building 14 to Building 20 and then to the Wild Great Wall. It took about two to three hours to go back to the starting point.
- Although I get on the bus at 6:30 early, it is definitely worth it! Because I am the first group of tourists to arrive at the Great Wall, there are not many people, so it is easy to take pictures! The point is not hot! We chose to climb to No. 20 Beacon Tower on the left, which is very high and steep, but the view is great.
Get to the Great Wall with Great Wall Adventure Club
Save your travel time and $$. Please visit Mutianyu Bus Tour page to learn more. Please mention the travelbrieft to get an additional 10% discount.
Welcome to Mutianyu, Great Wall of China!