Tuvalu is an island country in South Pacific, Oceania. It is among the world's smallest countries and is sandwiched between Hawaii and Australia.
It has a population of approximately 10,000 residents, majority of them residing in Funafuti which is the main atoll.
Tuvalu has only one mobile operator - Tuvalu Telecom Cooperation.
Tuvalu Telecom Cooperation, TTC
- It is a government owned telecommunication service provider.
- It has a relatively poor 3G network coverage and I highly discourage from using this SIM card to access the internet. Buy WiFi vouchers instead
Availability of Telecom Tuvalu Prepaid SIM Cards
- Visit their main Telecom Tuvalu office near the police station, 20m from Funafuti International Airport.
- Here, you can purchase either 3G or 4G SIM cards.
- Each prepaid SIM card costs AU$ 10 and comes with AU$ 5 credit.
Opening and Closing Hours
- Weekdays from 9am to 3pm.
- Saturdays from 10am to 1pm.
- Sundays from 2pm to 5pm.
To recharge, buy scratch voucher cards and dial *211*<voucher code>#.
To check balance, dial *767#.
1. 400MB for AU$ 5 valid for 15 days
2. 1GB for AU$ 10 valid for 15 days
3. 1GB for AU$ 20 valid for 30 days
4. 2.5GB for AU$ 50 valid for 30 days
5. 5GB for AU$ 100 valid for 30 days
6. 12GB for AU$ 200 valid for 30 days
7. 18GB for AU$ 300 valid for 30 days
8. 32GB for AU$ 500 valid for 30 days
9. 60GB for AU$ 750 valid for 30 days
For more information visit their website, https://tuvalutelecom.tv/
There are 5 Telecom Tuvalu WiFi Hotspots in Funafuti which enable you to use more data at quicker rates. Their speeds are faster than the SIM card.
WiFi Vouchers Prices
- 1. 100MB for AU$ 5
- 2. 250MB for AU$ 10
- 3. 600MB for AU$ 20