- Swakopmund is a small town on Namibia's coast and is known to be the place where sand dunes plunge into the sea. If you wish to travel to Swakopmund from Windhoek, Namibia, then you've got yourself 4 viable options.
- You can travel either by bus, train, plane or a private car.
Duration of travel.
- The duration of travel differs with the mode of transport.
- If you travel by bus, you'll take approximately 6h 33m.
- If you choose to fly from Eros, then expect to reach Swakopmund in 1h 8m. If you choose to fly from Windhoek, you'll take 1h 41m to reach your destination.
- Traveling by train takes the longest time - 9h 25m.
- A drive in a private car will take about 4h 30m to reach Swakopmund.
- Before traveling to Swakopmund from Windhoek, creating an ideal travel budget is important.
- First, travel expenses cover the bigger part of the budget.
- I'd advice traveling by bus if you wish to get to Swakopmund from Windhoek. It is the cheapest option and will cost you around $12-$35.
- Flying from Eros will cost around $35-$320 while flying from Windhoek will cost around $45-$180.
COMPANIES RUNNING THE SERVICE BETWEEN WINDHOEK AND SWAKOPMUND
- They include: Air Namibia and Westair which flies twice daily.
- Train Operators
- TransNamib Holdings LTD
- InterCape which operates twice a week.