Local Etiquettes (4) Internet (4) Transportation (4) Train (3) Censorship (2) VPN (2) Health And Safety (2) General (2) Skiing (1) Travel (1) Flight Booking (1) Domestic Flight (1) For Americans (1) Lining Up (1) Queuing (1) High Speed Train (1) Flight (1) Uber (1) Preparations (1) Apps (1) Dos And Donts (1) Plane Tickets (1) Cheap Flights (1) Airbnb (1) Booking (1) Accommodation (1) Hotels (1) For Girls (1) Clean Freaks (1) Stay Clean (1) Bike (1) Packing (1) Hygiene (1) Food Safety (1) Alcohol (1) Taxi (1) App (1) Convenience (1) Save Money (1) Wifi (1) Local Customs (1) Safety (1) Payment Methods (1) Budget (1) Time Specific (1) Train Station (1) Tickets (1)
Show more categories (37)
- You can buy it online or in person from any train station, but speaking from personal experience the best way is to buy it at the train station…
Holly Rose Travelled to 12 countries / regions
- Chinese people are so kind and friendly, they love it when you make an effort to speak their language
- Some basic ones I learnt and proven to be…
- For non-Chinese travelers, cash is king (still) in China as of 2019
- Locals now use AliPay or WeChat Pay for pretty much all of their day-to-day transactions as…
Melissa C Travelled to 24 countries / regions
Just discovered there's free wifi provided on the high speed train in China!
- You need to provide your phone number and receive an activation code
- My guess is…
Menghan Travelled to 32 countries / regions
If you travel to China, you may want to fly from 1 destination to another as it's a massive country. The most used website for domestic flights is…Show more
Having travelled to China a few times, I found these apps to be pretty useful when travelling here:
- ExpressVPN: this is essential. China's internet is sealed off…
- Queuing in China can be a stressful experience. Queues are not single file (more like fan-shaped), people will try to jump in, and locals don't say much to…
Stephanie du Plessis Travelled to 19 countries / regions
- Definitely try not to travel during Chinese New Year holiday period.
- Google/facebook is banned. Get a VPN to use those. Download WeChat, everyone uses it in China.
The northeastern part of China is major zone for skiers. There are a lot of wonderful skiing grounds ranging from professional ones, beginner level ones to leisurely ones.
- Malls, restaurants, cafes, and other public bathrooms don't usually provide toilet papers
- High end ones in top tier cities will, but as a matter of habit don't expect…