Driving (3) Transportation (3) Camping (2) Road Trip (2) Health And Safety (2) What To Bring (1) Aurora (1) Northern Lights (1) Campervan (1) Frugal (1) Car Rental (1) Packing (1) Timing (1) Water Safety (1) Food (1) Tight Budget (1) Save Money (1) Water (1) Health (1) Payment Methods (1)
Show more categories (10)
- Many local car rental companies are located within a few minutes walk of KEF airport. If you are travelling light, this may be the quickest option.
- Alternatively, it…
- Credit cards (and Mastercard Debit) are widely accepted in Iceland, including smaller towns and villages. In many cases, it is preferred over cash.
- Gas stations often require chip…
- Bónus will be your go-to grocery store as you drive around the Ring Road. Keep track of their opening hours, as they close at 6:00 or 6:30 PM…
I just got back from my 8-day Iceland road trip where I drove around the ring road (route 1 which goes around the entire country) on a campervan…Show more
Get a car or do a tour:
- If all you want to do is the Golden Circle (the area around Reykjavik with lots of attractions, including the…
Iceland is expensive (on par with London I'd say except in London at least you can go cheap whereas in Iceland there aren't that many options) and no…Show more
- You're never guaranteed to see the northern lights in Iceland no matter what you do. It really is the luck of the draw. For 2 reasons:
- One of the first things I noticed when I got to Iceland was the distinct, and ubiquitous smell of its hot water
- If you've never smelled it before,…
- I just got back from an 8-day road trip in Iceland
- I didn't convert a single dollar to ISK as I didn't use cash even once on my…