Transportation (4) Health And Safety (2) Public Transportation (2) Payment Methods (2) Mrt (1) Mandarin Chinese (1) English (1) How Long To Visit (1) Cultural Etiqutte (1) Explore (1) Tour (1) Mobile Phone (1) Data (1) Laws (1) Preparations (1) Bus (1) Tax Refund (1) Shopping (1) Sim Card (1) Culture (1) Packing (1) Timing (1) Cash (1) Dress Code (1) Tipping (1) Local Customs (1) Credit Card (1) Internet (1) Airport (1)
Show more categories (19)
Always stay on the left side of the escalator if you are not in a hurry.
Bring a water tumbler to save money!
- Singapore has a highly developed system of public transportation, comprised mainly of its extensive MRT (metro), LRT (light rail), and buses
- There are 3 main ways to pay…
- Singapore has fairly low GST (which is the name of its VAT/Sales Tax) rate of 7%, and on top of that a very streamlined way to get it…
Singapore is quite infamous for its long list of strict laws against seemingly every thing you do in life. Having lived there for 2 years, I'd say this…Show more
Myles Travelled to 23 countries / regions
Unlike North America, Singapore does not have a tipping culture for waiters and taxi-drivers. The prices are already built into the bills or fares, and most vendors are…Show more
- One of the best things I loved about Singapore is its MRT system. It connects the entire island together and is extremely clean, modern, air conditioned, and easy…
- Everything I mention below is for both men and women
- Singapore is a westernized country with generally progressive attitudes, so you needn't worry a lot about clothing from…
- As a tourist you can get a SIM card upon arrival at the Changi airport. Once you get your luggage and leave the secure area, you'll see multiple…
- During my time living in Singapore I would estimate that 80% of my daily spending was done on credit card, specifically Visa. You can use it in…